The Bachelor of Technology and Livelihood Education (BTLED) major in Information and Communication Technology program is a four year course design to equip future teachers who will be teaching the Technology and Livelihood Education ICT subjects for Grades 4 to 8 in the basic education. Likewise the program shall impart a body of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values and experiences that provide prospective Grade 4 to 8 EPP/TLE teachers with the necessary competencies essential for effective teaching and at the same time are accredited TVET trainors and assessors. Likewise, program graduates are equipped with fundamental knowledge in conducting action research in education, preparing them for graduate studies and careers as researchers in the field. Furthermore, it is expected that the graduates will embody the NONESCOST brand of education, which includes the ability to demonstrate proficiency, mastery, and application of content, pedagogy, and technological knowledge in the chosen field and exhibit exemplary character, proactiveness, and cultural responsiveness to the needs of the community.
The program shall produce a graduate who can:
- articulate and discuss the latest developments in the field of practice.
- effectively communicate in English and Filipino , both orally and in writing
- work effectively and collaboratively with a substantial degree in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- act in recognition of professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage”.
- articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical , socio-cultural, historical, psychological and political contexts.
- demonstrate mastery of subject matter/discipline
- facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments
- develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners.
- apply skills in the development and utilization of ICT to promote quality , relevant, and sustainable educational practices.
- demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing, and reporting learning processes and outcomes
- practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local , national and global realities
- pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities.
- demonstrate the competencies required of the Philippine TVET Trainers-Assessors Qualifications Framework ( PTTQF).
- demonstrate broad and coherent , meaningful knowledge and skills in technology and livelihood education;
- apply with minimal supervision specialized knowledge and skills in Technology and livelihood ]
- demonstrate higher level literacy, communication, numeracy, critical thinking , learning skills needed for higher learning.
- manifest a deep and principled understanding of how educational processes relate to larger historical, social , cultural, and political processes;
- apply a wide range of teaching process skills ( including curriculum development , lesson planning , materials development, educational assessment, and teaching approaches) , and
- reflect on the relationships among the teaching process skills, the learning processing in the students , the nature of the content / subject matter, and other factors affecting educational processes in order to constantly improve their teaching knowledge , skills and practices.
- Grades 4-8 ICT teacher
- TVET Trainers/Instructors
- Higher education institutions faculty members
- TESDA Training centers trainers
- TESDA Training centers assessor
- Skilled Trainer
- Other Teaching related jobs
Lyzette S. Magno
Program Head, BTLEd-ICT
REQUIREMENTS TO BE PART IN THE PROGRAM
- Passed the College Entrance examination.
ENTRANCE EXAM REQUIREMENTS:
Incoming First Year Students:
- Vaccination Card
- 1st semester Report Card
- NCAE Results
-2x2 Picture with Name tag
- Vaccination Card
-Transcript of Record
-2x2 Picture with Name
- With JHS/SHS General Weighted Average of 85 up.
- Passed the Interview Conducted by the College.