A BSED major in Science is a four-year teacher education program that prepares students to teach science at the secondary level. The degree program includes a sufficient number of biology, chemistry and physics courses to prepare graduates to teach Physical and Biological sciences classes. It also includes Earth and environmental science courses, in addition to professional and general education courses that provide science teachers with the content and pedagogical knowledge they need to function as professionals who can contribute to the improvement of students' academic achievement and science education in general. Furthermore, program graduates are equipped with fundamental knowledge in conducting action research in education, preparing them for graduate studies and careers as researchers in the field. Furthermore, it is expected that the graduates will embody the NONESCOSTS brand of education, which includes the ability to demonstrate proficiency, mastery, and application of content, pedagogy, and technological knowledge in the chosen field and exhibit exemplary character, proactiveness, and cultural responsiveness to the needs of the community.
The program shall produce a graduate who can:
- Articulate the rootedness of education in philosophical, socio-cultural, historical, and political contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of subject matter/discipline.
- Facilitate learning using a wide range of teaching methodologies and delivery modes appropriate to specific learners and their environments.
- Develop innovative curricula, instructional plans, teaching approaches, and resources for diverse learners.
- Apply skills in the development and utilization of ICT to promote quality, relevant, and sustainable educational practices.
- Demonstrate a variety of thinking skills in planning, monitoring, assessing, and reporting learning processes and outcomes.
- Practice professional and ethical teaching standards sensitive to the local, national, and global realities.
- Pursue lifelong learning for personal and professional growth through varied experiential and field-based opportunities.
- Articulate and discuss the latest developments in the specific field of practice.
- Effectively communicate in English and Filipino, both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a substantial degree of independence in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Act in recognition of professional, social, and ethical responsibility.
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage” (based on RA 7722).
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of scientific concepts and principles.
- Apply scientific inquiry in teaching and learning.
- Utilize effective science teaching and assessment methods.
- Manifest meaningful and comprehensive pedagogical content knowledge (PCK) of the sciences.
- Junior High School Science Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
- Physics Teacher
- Biology Teacher
- Environmental Science Teacher
- Earth Science Teacher
- Science Lab Teacher
- Senior High School Science Teacher
- School Program Coordinator
- Science Coordinator
- Instructional Planner
- Textbook Author
- Online Tutor
- Other teaching-related jobs
Program Head, BSEd-Science
REQUIREMENTS TO BE PART IN THE PROGRAM
1. Passed the Entrance examination.
ENTRANCE EXAM REQUIREMENTS:
Incoming First Year Students:
- Vaccination Card
- 1st semester Report Card
- NCAE Results
-2x2 Picture with Name tag
- Vaccination Card
-Transcript of Record
-2x2 Picture with Name
3. With JHS/SHS General Weighted Average of 85 up.
2. Passed the Interview Conducted by the College.